Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 35: A Beast

Head of a mythological semi-human creature on Mars Yellow-toned ground:


A Beast by William T. Ayton, 2009. Silverpoint drawing on toned ground, heightened with white pastel pencil, 10" x 8". WTA091. Created today.

Looks something like a hobbit (I've been reading The Lord of the Rings to my elder daughter for an eternity now) or one of those faerie creatures from Joseph Noel Paton's work that I saw in the National Gallery of Scotland when I was an art student in Edinburgh...a bit of an anomaly from my usual subject matter, but it just kind of appeared on the paper, as they tend to do, sometimes.

As usual, my scanner has managed to pick up & emphasize minor folds & bumps in the paper.

Price available on request. Please leave a message on this post, or email "info" "at symbol" "ayton.net". Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment